Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

Whenever I go to Crumbs bakery, I usually get the Oreo cupcake. So I was eager to try this recipe that I ran across online.


I got the recipe for the cake from another blog. This is the link. The recipe for the icing seemed good also, but I wasn't sure it would hold up for the next day.
The cake was a tiny bit dry, and next time I would opt for a recipe with a stronger chocolate flavor.


I ended up using the icing recipe from a different blog. It came out a little dry and stiff. Next time, I would add a little more water. The taste reminded me a lot of the frosting in actual Oreo cookies however, so that was good.

Overall, I had a lot of fun making these cupcakes, and I recommend trying this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Love! Such a yummy idea..like the ones they have at Crumbs bakery! Did you pipe the frosting onto the top? It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. koshercritternyc: Yes, I used a pastry bag! And thank you! I love the ones at Crumbs too

    ReplyDelete