Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes

Today we had a snowday! I decided to spend my time off trying out a new recipe, Chocolate-Salted Caramel Cupcakes.




For this recipe, there were a few components to make. There was the chocolate cupcake, the caramel, and the dark chocolate frosting.
The cake was an easy recipe, and had a rich chocolate flavor.
This was the first time I've ever made caramel by myself, so I was a little worried about doing it wrong, but I think it came out really well.
Finally, there was the frosting. The frosting called for a lot of butter, but I ended up with way too much frosting. Next time I would recommend cutting the recipe in half.




I found the recipe on the blog 52 Cupcakes, but the recipe is from Martha Stewart. Here is the link for the whole recipe.


4 comments:

  1. well, i think these were the richest, moistest, most delicious cupcakes i have ever tasted! you are a star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and i love seeing some of your process, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. these cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy! We need more updates! You have a hungry group of readers here waiting to experience more of your culinary prowess!

    ReplyDelete