Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate Souffle

This was my first time making any type of souffle. I have to say, I was pretty nervous since every time I saw a souffle in a movie it always turned out to be a disaster and deflated straight out of the oven. With that image in mind, I tried my first souffle.

The recipe I used was a light recipe, from Weight Watcher's, here. I was a little nervous about going the light route for my first time, but I decided to try it out anyway.

What makes a souffle a souffle is the whipped egg whites, which make the cake fluff up in the oven. When I took my souffle out of the oven, it eventually fell. I tried to catch pictures before they fell too much, because when they first came out, they were extremely fluffy. Next time, I will take the picture straight out of the oven.


When I did more research, I found out that all souffles eventually fall due to the fact that the cold air compresses the bubbles within the cake. So my souffle wasn't that disastrous after all. And it tasted good, even though I might try a more chocolaty recipe next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment